Monday, January 07, 2008

R.I.P.

Oh no, I've just discovered that George MacDonald Fraser died last week. I slept through History at school because it was as dull as ditchwater and this brilliant author of the Flashman series of books is the only reason I know anything about the subject at all. He was banned in countless libraries and when the first book was published in the US several of the reviewers thought it was a genuine biography.

There are dozens of great Flashman quotes, one of my favourities being:

'Somebody screamed in terror- fortunately nobody heard me.' and

'You think twice about committing murder when you're over 70'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Solicitors

Using the free Contact Law service allows you to access thousands of solicitors throughout the UK. Our solicitors can advise you on all areas of law including wills, tax planning and trusts, power of attorney, probate, contested probate and confirmation. Using Contact Law saves you time searching for the right solicitor and provides you with peace of mind through knowing that you are accessing top quality and good value legal advice.

http://www.contactlaw.co.uk/