Friday, August 04, 2006

If You Think I'm Bad...

Whilst I try to entertain you as best I can; how can I possibly compete with the comic geniuses meeting under the guise of the Professional Association of Teachers.

BBC News

This is the same organisation that suggested in exams the word 'fail' should be replaced with 'deferred success'.

In the past I may have had the odd worry about bringing the profession into disrepute, but groups like this make my efforts seem puny. Six weeks glorious holiday that most workers would give their right arm for and they spend it in a Union Meeting...

I always knew that the day would come when I could stand up proud and say in my best Churchillian voice:

"I may have my faults, but at least I have never accused a pupil of being clever"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't need you to bring the profession into disrepute Mr Chalk, we've got clowns like these. It makes me furious 'cos the public think we're all like these idiots.

Anonymous said...

i wonder if Indian and Chinese teachers have meetings about this topic?